Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Weekend Away

A couple weekends ago Brad and I were fortunate enough to get away and celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary!
We spent 2 nights in Chicago while Brad's parents took the kids for 2 fun filled nights! At least the kids have fun, not so sure how much fun it is for Grandpa and Grandma :)

Friday night we walked around for awhile and then settled on eating some delicious pizza.

On Saturday, I was treated to a facial (thanks to Groupon) and then we did some shopping on Michigan Ave. If there is one thing I learned: if your husband says,"Let's go shopping."  You go shopping! This is one time you NEVER argue! We hit Banana Republic, Brad's favorite store. It has now become my favorite store since he doesn't argue about me buying stuff there. Normally we hit the outlet store, but we treated ourselves to the real thing! Of course, we shopped clearance racks. You know me, I just can't get away from the clearance racks! We also had a coupon for 30% off and then a portion was given to charity or something, so we had to shop. It was for charity!

Saturday night we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Our first time there and it was delicious! And after we paid an arm and a leg for steak and wine, they treated us to this complimentary dessert. Wasn't that nice of them.

After dinner we walked to Millennium Park. A lot of walking was done this weekend which hopefully balanced out all the food we ate.

Here our some views from our room. Also, I must mention that I love Priceline which got us this room at a fraction of the price we would have normally paid.


And there you have it, our fun-filled weekend of frugality, shopping, walking, eating, pampering, and did I mention NO KIDS! (for those of you think that sounds bad, we really do love our children very much but this is the first time we've done this since they were born!)

No comments: