Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teeth, Elephants and Procrastinating

I am officially procrastinating.

I have 20 hours of Continuing Education to finish by the the end of the month. I only had 2 years to complete it. But I waited til the last month. Now I am blogging so I don't have to do it.

I will start tonight, I promise.

Last week Joshua lost his first tooth. Or maybe it was the week before that. A good mom probably would have written it down.


I have good news though. For the first time, the tooth fairy remembered. She was a day late both times Amanda lost teeth. I think it helped that she posted it on Facebook, so as comments came in it reminded her.

When I went in Joshua's room the next morning I was greeted by Isaac who announced, "Joshua got $100 under his pillow!"

What?! Are you kidding me?!

All these years Joshua has had a pillow that multiplies money and I am just finding out about this now!

Oh wait, it was still a $1 bill. Bummer.

If you notice in the picture, Joshua has some scrapes on his face. He came home from school Monday looking like this. When I saw him my first thought was, "Oh no! He got into his first fight!"

Well, kind of. It was with the gate to the fence outside of school and the gate won!

Now to the elephant part. I personally think drawing an elephant is really hard. I was quite impressed with my 6 year olds when they came home with these. Of course, I am a little biased.





On a side note, I ran outside today for the first time this year. Or at least I guess you could call it running. My motivation was Scotcheroos. I made some yesterday and they are DELICIOUS! I can't stop eating them! So, just a warning to you all. If you are enticed by the recipe on the side of a Rice Krispie box to make Scotcheroos, be ready to run to work off those calories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Joshua get in a fight with Mike Tyson?