Saturday, November 12, 2011

Breakfast and Dessert Brought To You By Pinterest

My Saturday was spent doing what I love most, hanging out in the kitchen and baking.

I always love to bake something special for my family for Sunday morning, plus we are getting together with my husband's family tomorrow and I get to be in charge of dessert! Yeah!!!! I love to be in charge of dessert!

Pinterest is my newest and favoritest place to find new recipes to try. So that is where I found them all.

Instead of me retyping all the recipes, I'll link you to the blogs where I followed the recipe and then I'll give you some of the changes that I made.

I know a lot of people follow The Pioneer Woman. I have checked out her blog a few times and have only tried a couple of her recipes. I actually found this Apple Dumpling recipe through someone else who had posted it on Pinterest.  It looks delicious, it is super easy to make and I can't wait to try it!!!!!

She made the recipe with Granny Smith apples and I didn't have them on hand, so I used Gala. The apples I had were also kind of small, so I decided to wrap 2 apples slices instead of 1. I also used Diet Mountain Dew instead of regular Mountain Dew, so I guess that makes this a recipe for all of you who are on a diet.
(Just forget about all the butter and sugar.)




 

My next recipe is for breakfast tomorrow morning and I can't wait to eat it! I was picking little pieces that fell off after I took it out of the pan and eating them and when I made the glaze, I must admit....I licked the pan. I am so excited for tomorrow morning and I am never excited about morning or breakfast!
I was a little nervous when making this that it wasn't going to turn out. Yeast always makes me nervous, especially when it starts to get cold outside because my kitchen tends to be cold and my yeast recipes just don't rise very fast.
The only change made to the Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread was that I omitted the nutmeg because I didn't have any on hand and also because I'm not a huge nutmeg fan. I also used vanilla for the glaze, not the suggested rum.


And my last recipe I made a couple weeks ago and I made it again today. Of course, this one I switched up a little different both times.

It's actually called Pumpkin Blondies but I didn't make them blond either time. This recipe came from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I still love that name!

Anyway, back to the recipe. The first time I made it the only change I made to the recipe was substituting Chocolate Chips instead using White Chocolate and Butterscotch chips.

The second time I had to mix it up a little more. I was out of Pumpkin Pie Spice and didn't feel like making a run to the grocery store for one item, so decided to substitute Allspice. Now if you don't keep Allspice in your cupboard I suggest getting some. I use it as a substitute all the time in baking, mostly for nutmeg which I already mentioned I'm not a fan of. I was a little nervous about adding a full Tablespoon, so only used half a Tablespoon. Then as far as the chips go, I had Butterscotch this time but no White Chocolate. So I did half Butterscotch and half Semi-Sweet Chocolate.

Both times I omitted the Pecans. As a rule, I usually omit nuts. My husband is not a fan.

I did take a little bite of the one I made today and think I'm a bigger fan of the first one I made with just Chocolate Chips but I guess it all depends on what you like.




No comments: