Thursday, March 1, 2012

More Bits and Pieces......

Here are some of the things that have been going on the last couple weeks.

1. The 'i' on my keyboard keeps sticking. A little annoying to keep seeing words without the 'i' and then I have to go back and fix it.

2. In all of my organizing I found an old cassette tape. I had it sitting in the kitchen and Amanda asked me what it was. Our conversation went like this:
Amanda: "What's this?"
Me: "A cassette tape."
Amanda: "Can I watch it?"
Me: "No, it plays music like a CD."
Amanda gives me a puzzled look: "But can I watch it?"

3. Started exercising last week. I also started that same day with 2 donuts and ended it with 2 cupcakes.

4. The kids also started chore charts last week. They are definitely my children. Just being able to cross something off their list is motivation enough.

5. A couple weeks ago I was in the grocery store with all my kids and there was a table set up to enter to win a $100 gift card. I filled out the entry form and Isaac asked what I was doing. I told him that I was trying to win Free groceries. He says, "Or a DS."  To which I replied, "They don't sell them here." As we were walking away the kid (by kid I mean teenager) working there told me he had a DS in his car that he doesn't play anymore and we could have it if we wanted. It was pink. No one seemed to care. There wasn't a charger, so after spending $10 for a charger my kids now have a DS. Just so you know, my boys cry if they have to sit on a pink booster seat in the car but for some reason the color of the DS is not bothering them. They are happy to have it!

6. Do you ever have it that you hear one of your kids in bed coughing like crazy but as soon as you walk close to the bedroom to see who it is, it stops. Stand for a while waiting. Nope. All done. Walk away. Coughing starts again. Repeat.

7. My week has consisted of sick kids, my garage door breaking, and my van needing repairs beyond its worth. We will be bringing it to the junk yard this Saturday. She has been good to us for 7 1/2 years but it is time to say goodbye. We will be starting the search for a new vehicle. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad about this.

No comments: