Friday, July 13, 2012

More Birthday Fun

Last week I shared with you that every year the first week of July is a week full of memories for me. But it's not only that, it is a week full of birthdays as well. This makes it a little stressful for me. I feel like I need to make each and every person in my family feel special on their birthday. Growing up there was always one person who made me feel special on my birthday and that was my mom. Even as I got older, if there is one person who remembers your birthday, it is the person who gave birth to you. Whether it was planning a birthday party, making a cake, bringing balloons to me at school for my 16th birthday or taking me for lunch during my lunch hour at work, she was always the one who remembered and did something for me.

While on July 8 we celebrate 3 birthdays at our house, we have one birthday before that. Brad celebrates his birthday on the 4th of July. He is not my child but I still like to do something for him and make him feel loved because he does so much for our family. Honestly, since the kids came around, he does kind of get left out on his birthday. I have to make 3 cakes a few days later so I don't generally feel like making him one. So I try to just make some good food for him. We celebrated his day by starting out with homemade cinnamon rolls. I also made some homemade ice cream sandwiches and we had a traditional 4th of July meal of Chicken dumplings. Honestly, we are so sick of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, we opted for something a little different. We also spent a little time in the extreme heat by going to a local 4th of July parade in the middle of the afternoon. We will do anything for some free candy!

Then a few days later it was time to celebrate Alexandra, Amanda, and Joshua's Golden Birthday! We celebrated by having a big pool party with all their friends. We rented a bounce house, filled the pool with 27 kids, played some games, opened presents, and enjoyed some snacks and cupcakes.



We had sack races.


A water balloon toss which turned into a water balloon fight with all the extra water balloons. The kids all attacked my sister!



Delicious cupcakes!!!!!



If you know me, you know that I like order and not chaos. I have still to determine the best way to have present opening time with order and not chaos. If you have multiples and have figured it out, please let me know. I guess the chaos is way more fun for the kids and I don't want to be a joy killer. All the kids huddled around as close as they could to see what everyone got. It was definitely mass chaos and I gave up!




Our home has been invaded by Squinkies!



My three beautiful children are now 8 years old! It's been a lot of fun the past 8 years and I couldn't be more proud of them!



After all the kids left, we decided to continue the party so we could enjoy the day a little longer and of course the bounce house too. So, we invited family over and had some more fun. We were all really tired after 7 hours of partying!

No comments: