Monday, October 11, 2010

Tasty Food That's Easy To Make

If you know my family, when it comes to supper time they are SO FUSSY! Making supper has become one of my least favorite things to do because I always get at least one (if not more) "I don't like that!" Mind you, most the time it's something they have never had, they have just determined before hand that they won't like it.

For this reason, I try to make things that don't take me a lot of time because then when I hear those words I don't care as much and haven't wasted a ton of time making something that I have to beg them to eat.

Here are couple easy recipes:

At Aldi they have this bag in the freezer section for about $3 of stir fry vegetables with a teriyaki sauce. I grilled a couple chicken breasts, cut them up and added them to the stir fry. You have a quick, delicious and healthy supper.

Of course my kids complained, but there are enough different vegetables in there that they can at least find a couple that they like and then they also like the chicken.

My second recipe I found in the coupon inserts of the Sunday newspaper. It's called Dripping Roast Beef Sandwich and is found at CampbellsKitchen.com.

It is so easy to make and so delicious! All you need is 4 Hoagie rolls, 1 can of French Onion Soup,  3/4 lb deli sliced roast beef,  Worcestershire sauce, and Provolone cheese. In place of the deli sliced roast beef, you can also use that leftover pot roast from Sunday dinner. Not sure my kids would ever ask for this but they did eat it without much complaining and Brad loved it!
If you want the full recipe, just click on my link above. 

Enjoy!

No comments: