Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Take Comfort

This morning during my devotions I read something out of a devotional that immediately brought someone to my mind that was hurting. I thought about retyping the devotional and sending it to her. Then as the day went on another person popped into my mind that might take comfort by these words. Then later another person and then another. Before I knew it so many had popped into my head, I realized how many people I know that are going through trials right now or know someone that is.

I decided I would just share it here and if you are reading this today, I hope it comforts you. If you know someone that needs comfort, please pass this along.

Take Comfort

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a
far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.  I Corinthians 4:17

Do you ever feel your trials are like wearing a crown of thorns? Be faithful. As you trust in God, He will hand you a crown with stars instead. Remember to thank and praise Him.

Do you feel like you are overloaded, your hands filled with heavy cares? Be faithful. As you keep trusting in God, He will take away your heavy cares and place a harp in your grasp, so you may sing glory and honor to God for all He has done. Remember to thank and praise Him.

Hold on and do not despair. There will be a time when you look back and your trials will seem as nothing in light of the many answered prayers, miracles, and evidence of God's glory and grace.

Step by step, day by day, He takes each trial and turns it inside out. Triumphs emerge like a marvelous spiritual metamorphosis. Each of your obedient acts will be transformed to joy unspeakable!

So take heart. Stay faithful. When all is ever so dark, know for sure morning follows the night.

From When I'm Praising God
ANITA CORRINE DONIHUE


I also really enjoyed Ann Voskamp's post today.
Head over to her blog and read about What to Sing in Your Storms.

No comments: