Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A List of Random Tidbits

If you are looking for deep content around here lately, sorry. The heat has gotten to my brain (as well as old age) and my mind is working in sarcastic mode lately.

Just thought I'd share some random things going on around our house lately that you probably don't care about but hey, you're the one who came here. I'm not making you read this stuff.

1. I am a mean mom. I make my kids eat tacos for supper, make them go to swim lessons, and they have to pick up their own toys.

2. On our way to swim lessons tonight Isaac says to me, "Mom, I don't want to go to swim lessons because I'm going to do bad."

Me: "No you won't you've been doing so good, I'm so proud of you."

Joshua: "Mom, you don't need to tell me that because I already know I'm good."

Nice. I guess I don't have to build up his confidence.

3. After fighting with Isaac to eat his taco, I didn't feel like fighting with him when he started crying at swim lessons and was a nice mom and let him sit out. It happens once in a while.

4. My pool which has gone from green to cloudy to clear and back to cloudy, is clear once again.

5. It's too hot here to even swim.

6. Thankful for air conditioning after it broke twice on us but thankfully someone took pity on us and fixed it QUICKLY!

7. Cold Stone Chocolate Peanut Butter Perfection is definitely perfection and I don't even want to know how many calories of it I have consumed. Yet just typing it makes me want to go get the quart out of the freezer and finish it.

8. My husband is currently sweating his butt off in a hot factory. Thankful for him and that he is off doing that for us while we sit in the air conditioning.

9.  I was just interrupted by an extreme emergency. Alex had a bleeding paper cut. I tell ya, it's always exciting around here.

10. For every 10 library my books kids read, the library will give them a reward. For some reason, high on all of their "must-have" list is a little plastic magnifying glass. Really? That's what you want?

11. While sitting at swim lessons tonight I read an article about introverts and extroverts. We are pretty much a family of introverts. Just thought I'd include that in case you wanted to know that exciting tidbit about our family.

12. I feel like I should give you more but I got nothing. Just thought I should have an even amount of points because I like a nice even number.

If you have made it all the way to the bottom of this list, congratulations! You just wasted 3 precious minutes of your life that you will never get back.

No comments: