Monday, September 26, 2011

Gymnastics, Cleaning, and Other Stuff

Ever since the kids headed off to school I feel like there just isn't too many exciting things going on around here to blog about. Basically, they head off to school each day. I run around trying to get something done. Occasionally I get to enjoy lunch with a friend or one of my sisters. Then the kids come home, we do the normal stuff that people do at night and then the next day we start all over.

The few things that we do and I have taken pictures of just never seem actually seem to make it to my computer.

But that is all about to change.

Here are a few things that have been going on.

Back in August the girls finished up their gymnastics and got medals. Since I didn't have my camera that day, I had to use my phone. That is why the quality is terrible!



They are now back in gymnastics at a different place. They are loving it! Brad took them tonight and got video of them climbing up a rope. If I can figure out how to get the video off his phone I will share it soon.

Isaac, Alex, and Amanda all learned how to ride their bikes with no training wheels right before Labor Day. I'm a bad mom and still have not gotten a picture.

Since we live on a busy road there isn't really anywhere to teach them. I had been meaning to take them to the park and try to teach them but apparently they got impatient and finally taught themselves. I'm very proud of them and they are loving riding their bikes again!

I've also been doing a little canning this fall. So far I've canned peaches, salsa, spaghetti sauce, strawberry jelly, and I froze some corn and beans. I thought I took pictures of some of this but something happened to them. Not sure what but I'm sure you don't really care all that much anyway so we'll just keep moving on.

Saturday morning my wonderful children decided they were going to go through their stuff and get rid of things.  This would have been a great idea if in the process my house didn't look like a huge tornado went through it.



When I inspected a bag of what I thought was garbage, I found this baseball mitt along with 2 cameras, 2 pairs of shoes, and a few other things that were clearly NOT garbage!


Saturday night I went out with a friend for dinner. Before I headed there I stopped at Children's Place because I needed a couple things and I had a coupon. While standing in line someone handed me a $20 off a $40 purchase. Do you know how happy this made me?

Then when I went out for dinner, my friend and I were chatting and didn't really even notice that our food was taking so long. (If you knew both of us and knew how much we both like to talk, this would not surprise you.) Before we knew it the manager was at our table with our food, apologizing and telling us they took our sandwich off the bill. AWESOME!

I'm sure you don't really care but you know how I love a good deal, so I just had to share just in case one other person is excited for me!

I feel like I should have numbered these just so you know when I'm switching to something new. That is my way of telling you I'm switching gears.....did you get it?

Anyway, I was on the way to Isaac's Opthamologist appointment this morning and we were pulling in the parking garage and Isaac says to me, "Mom....oh never mind. I was going to ask if this is the hospital that Grandma is at but she already died. She's in heaven now, right?"

Me, "Yep, she's been in heaven for over 5 years now."

Isaac, "Wow, 5 years! That's Awesome!"

That brought a smile to my face, so I just wanted to share.

And that's all I got until something exciting happens again.

No comments: