Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Few Recipes

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the food I made for Easter dinner but I thought I would share a the links to a few of the recipes I made.

These recipes would be great for Spring entertaining or for Mother's Day which is coming up soon.

I've made this fruit salsa recipe a couple times now. Serve it with the homemade cinnamon chips or it is equally delicious with graham crackers! I omit the raspberries and throw the rest of the fruit in the food processor to chop it. It isn't as pretty but it sure is easier than chopping by hand. I used 1 Tbsp of brown sugar and 1 Tbsp of white sugar and for the fruit preserves just throw in a little Strawberry Jam. I guarantee everyone will love it!

We aren't huge fans of ham around here but I made one for Easter. Normally I am one that goes for the cheapest thing but decided that if I was going to make a ham, I was going to buy a good one. I got a great deal on one and made this delicious Brown-Sugar-Glaze. It was delicious! I just brushed it on about every half an hour as it baked. My only complaint would be that it has 4 sprigs of mint. I had to spend $3 on the mint and now I have no idea what I'll do with the rest of it. I might just make it without the mint next time. I have tons of leftover ham, so now I just have to find some good recipes to use it in. If you have any, please share.

I love making cakes! This Strawberry Cake was amazing! Everyone loved it and it is the perfect cake for this spring! It uses fresh strawberries in the cake and in the homemade buttercream icing.

If you follow me on Pinterest, you can also find all of these recipes on my board.

No comments: