This recipe falls under all the categories that I love about recipes. It is quick. It is easy. And soooooo delicious. Plus I always love a recipe that I can add a little creativity.
After you try these you won't want to go back to the prepackaged Quaker Oats granola bars.
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups plain granola
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- Mix-ins or Chocolate Chips (I will explain later)
- Line 2 - 9x5 loaf pans or an 11x7 pan with foil. Lightly spray the foil.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and honey in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to medium-low heat and simmer until brown sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fold the granola and cereal into sauce and stir until evenly coated.
- Now is when you get to be creative. You can spread the mixture into the pans and press firmly with a spatula to fill evenly. You can then sprinkle Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and kind of chips over your granola and firmly press down. I also like to mix craisins in and then spread in pan and top with White Chocolate Chips. You could also mix in raisins. Marshmallows and Chocolate chips would be good too. Whatever you think would be good in your granola bar.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Lift out of pan and cut into bars.
Here are some more tips on making these.
Or if you follow me on Pinterest, you can find them there as well.