Sunday, August 19, 2012

Looking Back and A Weekend of Celebrating

At our house we like to lump all our celebrations together. In July we celebrated Brad's birthday and then 4 days later it was Alex, Amanda, and Joshua's birthday.

Then in August we have our wedding anniversary and Isaac's birthday a day apart.

Of course in October, we have my lone birthday. I only mention it in case you were wanting to get a head start on shopping for my present. Of course, I will still take cash or gift cards in case you don't have time to shop.

Anyway, Brad and I went out on Friday night to celebrate our 12 year anniversary. We celebrated a day early. Here is a picture of us on the beautiful day 12 years ago.

So young and in love.....and clueless.


We were oblivious to fact that this someday would be our life.


Yes, I know I just posted an absolutely horrible picture of myself but I figured I just had a baby so nobody is allowed to make fun of me.

I often get asked, "How did you do it?" Honestly, looking at this picture makes me a little tired and I wonder myself how I did it. It was only by God's grace and Him giving me the strength to make it through each day that we have made it this far.

Here is a recent picture of Brad and I. Now...... when looking at this picture, I'm thinking that you are probably all thinking, "Wow! They've barely changed!" And then you notice all the wisdom in our eyes.

Ok, you can quit laughing now.

Yes, we've aged and I'm not sure we are wiser but I hope we are. I know we are more tired, that's for sure!


But seriously, I am very thankful for the past 12 years. God has truly blessed us. He has blessed our marriage and He has definitely blessed me with a man that I truly love, can call my best friend, and that I am extremely thankful for.

Then on Saturday night we celebrated the 7th birthday of my little baby Isaac. How did he get to be 7 already? He is having just as hard of a time growing up as I am with him growing up. We would both love if he could just stay my little boy. We've spent time snuggling this weekend and looking at baby pictures of him.


As I said, we went out Saturday night. We had a family night of miniature golfing and Isaac got to ride the go-carts with Brad. That was his favorite part of the night. Then we headed out to eat.

Today (his actual birthday) was celebrated with cake. He chose chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles.



I am feeling very blessed this weekend. I look forward to seeing where God leads our family in the years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 2nd picture looks like it was taken in the 70's.

Melissa said...

I edited it to look that way.