Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Time for some Fall Cookin'

Fall is my favorite season! And when it comes, it puts me in the mood to cook and bake.

Something about the chilly air just begs for apple recipes, pumpkin recipes, soups, and who knows what else! Last week I made Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread and then this week it was Apple Pie.

As far as supper food goes, I've been trying loads of new Pinterest recipes and every single one has been a hit lately. My family says I've been spoiling them, so either I need to make a bad recipe soon or serve them grilled cheese so that they don't get to used to this.

This recipe is actually a Pinterest recipe that I tried last winter. My family loved it but Brad thought it was a little bland. So I've spiced it up a little. And did I mention that it is Super Easy!

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 carrots
1 celery stalk
1 medium onion
Salt and Pepper
2 cans (10.5 oz each) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (14oz) can of Chicken Broth
4 Grands Biscuits

Put Chicken in Crock Pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the breasts. Put diced carrots, celery, and onion on top.


Add Cream of Chicken Soup and Chicken Broth. Cook on low for 8 hours or on High for 4-6 hours.



Take out chicken and shred. Put back in the Crock Pot.

Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 pieces. Stir into chicken mixture and cook on High for 30 minutes.

Makes 6-8 servings.


No comments: