Friday, February 26, 2010

Playdoh - Love it or hate it

I love that my kids love to play with playdoh.

I hate the mess.

Yesterday I went to run on the treadmill and decided that playdoh would be a good thing to keep the kids busy while I was running. I came back to the kitchen with no kids in sight and my counter looking like this.

I love this beautiful cake with a cherry on top that Alex made.


As I went upstairs to take a shower I told the kids they needed to clean up their mess. I figured that they would just clean up the playdoh and all the little toys to go with it and then I could come downstairs and wipe the counters. I came back downstairs to this.


Needless to say, I was quite impressed. They had gotten a washrag out, got it wet and wiped the whole counter and put all the little extra pieces of playdoh in the garbage can!

They never cease to amaze me! I think the playdoh might actually make an appearance more than once every 6 months now!

2 comments:

bethvdg said...

Wow! That's quite impressive! Both the mess and the clean up! Was the floor clean too?

Melissa said...

No, I did have to sweep but that's ok.