Monday, February 22, 2010

Thankfulness

holy experience


I have to admit, as my list gets longer, it's hard to find new things to be thankful about. That's maybe why I only post a list every few weeks. It's easy for me to look around the house and I'm thankful for everything in it as well as the house. I'm thankful for food on my table each day, for my husband, my children, health. The basic things that everyone notices. But what about all the stuff in between those things. All the little moments, all the smiles, the tears, teaching moments, bad weather, things that have turned my schedule and plans upside down. This is something I need to work on.

Here are some of the things that I have been thankful for the last few weeks.

310~ hearing Isaac sing in the shower

311~ clean and organized closets

312~ wool hearts that my aunt brought over for the kids for Valentine's Day made from wool from a coat of my mom's

313~ brownie hearts for a special Valentine's treat

314~ snowballs and watching the joy in my children's face as they throw them at eachother

315~ holding a tiny baby in nursery that reminded me of how small my children were when they were babies

316~ the treadmill, so I can still run without having to go outside in the cold

317~ watching Isaac help his dad

318~ watching Brad play cops and robbers with the kids

It is good to give thanks to the Lord. Psalm 92:1

1 comment:

Christine said...

I LOVE the wool hearts. What a special gift! Thanks for always reminding me to be thankful, for everything.