Friday, January 28, 2011

Frugal Friday - Budgeting

Last year I had this whole plan to do a series of posts on budgeting and saving money. As I started to research the topics I wanted to cover, I became so overwhelmed because there is SOOOOO much material out there. I became a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to cover everything or even be able to do it well.

I have to admit that we became a little lax in our budgeting towards the end of the year. With the new year starting, I was determined to get us back on track and with that came new spreadsheets, financial goals, savings plans and a whole new excitement again.

It's been awhile since I've done Frugal Fridays, so I thought I would bring them back with a series of posts on Money and hope that I get you all excited! Maybe some of you don't budget or maybe some of you just need someone to get you excited about it again. I am going to try and tackle this huge subject as best I can. I truly feel that everyone should budget regardless of how much money you make or how many 0's are in your salary. Especially as Christians we have a duty to be good stewards of what God has given to us.

Here are some of the things I plan to address and if you have more ideas of things you'd like me to cover please let me know.

1. What led us to budgeting and some of our financial mistakes.

2. What the Bible says about money.

3. Why we should budget.

4. Different ways we are able to save on expenses.

5. What it accomplishes in your life when you tell your money where to go instead of letting your money control you.

6. Paying cash for ALMOST everything!

I am by no means an expert in the area of finances and do not claim to be one as I share all of these things with you over the next several weeks. I am simply a housewife that loves to budget, clip coupons, and learn more about how God wants our family to be better stewards of the gifts He has given us.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I can't wait to hear all your tips on budgeting. I need to do better in this area. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to do this.