Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Fifth Time Is A Charm -- I Hope

This year I decided to close the pool before Labor Day since the last 2 years we haven't used the pool much after the holiday. The kids are in school full time now, so I figured it probably wouldn't get used at all so we might as well just close it.

Well.......the pool had different ideas.

Cover came off 4 times. The first two times we determined it was the winch (sounds like a bad word but that's what it is called). Then I decided I had the water level too low. The fourth time, I'm not sure what the problem was.

But we put the cover on for the fifth time. I bought another new winch and I decided to try the water in milk carton thing. Must have done the trick because it has now been a week and the cover is still on.  Hoping this is it because if it comes off again, there will be no pool cover this year.

Glad that frustration is over. Now I get to enjoy watching the leaves from the neighbors trees fall all over the cover.

No comments: