Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Long Weekend

I have been absent for a little while now and when I explain how our long weekend went, you will understand why.

For a couple months now I have been having issues with my computer so I finally decided it was time to do something about it. So, I dropped it off by someone to be fixed. Basically he had to take everything off and install everything again.

So, reason #1 .....no computer for 2 days.

Wednesday morning I woke up and my throat was hurting and my glands were swollen. Thursday this was still going on. By Thursday night I also had a low grade temp along with a headache. I was sure I had strep throat again. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep through the night I decided to head to urgent care.

Strep test - Negative. Sore throat apparently had something to do with the cold I was getting over. Just kept popping the ibuprofen.

Reason #2 - Sick.

Then I got my computer back and it was kind of like having a new computer again. I had to put some things back on it that I had before. Then today when I tried to blog it wasn't working and the only way to get it to work is not very convenient but I won't bore you with the details. So, I am still trying to work out the bugs and figure this all out.

Reason #3 - I really just don't know what I'm doing.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way I'll tell you about the other things that happened this weekend.

The kids were on fall break and Brad decided to take those 2 days off of work as well. We have now determined that every time Brad takes off work, one or both of us gets sick. Not really sure what to do with this. Should he never take off work again or should we plan his vacation days around when it's convenient to get sick?

The only thing I had planned was to make applesauce on Thursday and go to the Apple Orchard on Friday. And then just a lot of sitting around and family time. I definitely did a lot of laying around.

We did get to make our applesauce on Thursday morning. Had my whole applesauce crew ready to go. Thankfully they love to help me and it goes much faster when they do!




On Friday, I sucked it up. Popped some pills and off we went to the Apple Orchard.

We had a groupon that had to be used, so sick or not I was not about to give up on that coupon!

We saw animals, took cheesy pictures, rode out to the orchard and went through the corn maze. We did not pick apples because I am far too cheap to pay double for what I can get them elsewhere. We bought our delicious donuts, then the kids rode on the Moo Choo train and then we headed home.

Just typing donuts makes my mouth water. Anyone going there this week and want to get me some?




Then this morning it was back to reality.....alarm clocks and making lunches.

No comments: