Sunday, February 2, 2014

I'm Back

It's been a while.

One year, one month, and 21 days. Or something like that. Don't hold me to the math.

And yes, I realize I need a blog makeover. My kids are much older now. I will take care of that....eventually.

So, for the two people who have said something to me in the last year about my absence, I will get to the point of why I'm back.

I've gone back and forth about whether or not to share on here what I'm about to share but....here I am.

We are changing our diet. Changing what we eat. Trying to get healthier.

If you have heard of Paleo or Whole30 then you know what we are doing. No more dairy, wheat, sugar, processed foods. As my brother-in-law asked me, "What can you eat?" He realized the list would be shorter. For the most part we will be eating meat, vegetables, some fruit, and nuts. Whole foods.

Tomorrow is the day. I'm scared and excited all at once.

I'm having to give up all the sweets that I love so much but at least I still get bacon and I don't have to give up my morning coffee.

As the days go on I will be sharing with you a number of things. How it's going, why we are doing this, what exactly we are doing, answer some questions that people have asked me as we plan to do this, our hopes of what changes we will see, and maybe even what exactly we are eating.

If you have any questions, I'd love to hear them and I'll try to address them as I post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Melissa and I are on a similar path. It has not been as difficult as what I thought, but still, it is hard to change old habits. And of course, we don't have 4 little ones to feed.

Blessings on your journey!

Jeff