Monday, June 1, 2009

Clothes Swap

As I explained in my last post, my clothing fund is a little low and I need new clothes. Of course that doesn't mean I've given up on my exercise. In general I just need new clothes. Ok, well I guess I don't NEED new clothes. I'm just a little sick of the old ones. I also just don't have time to shop for them. I do not shop for clothes with my kids, so that usually leaves me having to go out at 8pm to shop. That is really the last thing I feel like doing after working around the house all day. So, I've been trying to think of a way that I could swap clothes with people. Then, WA-LA! I read an article in the Chicago Trib yesterday about how the "new" thing is to have Clothing Swaps. My friend Clair had a similiar idea to do this with your MOPS or church group.

Wouldn't it be great to get a new shirt in trade for that old one instead of the dollar you might make at the garage sale you're having! Basically, the idea is that everyone brings a specified amount of clothing items and you swap clothes. I do have a few ideas of how it could work, just from my own thoughts and from the article. Don't worry about the fact that you might be a different size than me. Right now, I would just like to see if there is interest out there. If so, please leave a comment or email me at mjvis@att.net. If there is huge interest we could break up into groups according to what size you are. So, just be warned that I might be asking your size down the road and don't worry I won't share that info. Start looking in your closets to see what you would like to swap. Please make sure it has no stains, rips, tears or is simply worn out. Also, no items that have been sitting in your closet since high school. No one wants your old IOU sweatshirt! We'll try to stick with summer clothes for right now and if it goes well, maybe we'll do another one with winter clothes in the fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm all for it! I actually saved the article myself! Let me know when you want to do it and I'll help youplan it. Also, saw you went public on FB, hope you get some new followers!