Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever!

Every Week I make some sort of home baked item for our Sunday breakfast. On Friday I decided I would make some Blueberry Muffins and some Banana Muffins and we could have half on Sunday morning and I could freeze the other half for the following Sunday. As I went to make them I realized I only had 7 paper baking cups.


At supper I told my husband that I needed to run real quick to the grocery store to get some more and he replied, "Can't you make cinnamon rolls for Sunday?" I told him my reasoning for making the muffins and that I would make them the following week and that I didn't have enough yeast. He of course said, we might not make it that long and pointed out how I was going to the grocery store already. I told him that they were "Cinnabon - Buns from Heaven" so if we didn't make it a couple weeks he would probably be able to get them there. Well, needless to say, he did end up winning. I made my muffins on Friday night and we had them this morning for breakfast and then I froze the rest. I spent this morning making these wonderful "Buns from Heaven".


They are a lot of work, but so worth it. I will enjoy tomorrow morning as everyone scarfs these down. I thought I would share the recipe for these with you all so you can make them. If you like butter and sugar, you will love these! There is a lot of both!

http://www.copykat.com/2009/02/06/cinnabons-buns-from-heaven/



The only thing I do differently is that the recipe tells you to put them in a 9x13 pan and a 9x9. I actually cut them a little smaller so that I can make two 9x13 pans and put one in the freezer for another week.



And yes, there are 3 missing from this pan. It is hard to not eat one right out of the oven. My sister was over, so we both had one and so did my husband.

No comments: