Thursday, April 22, 2010

Randomvis

It's been a while since I have posted a "randomvis." In case you are wondering what that is, it's randomness changed to fit our family. Now that you know what it is, you are thinking, "Wow, that's cheesy!" Why, yes it is. Deal with it!

I thought I'd give you a little update on Brad for once. Besides work and his random painting around the house, he plays in a church basketball league in the winter. This past Monday was his last game. In the words of Isaac that night, "Mom, I have bad news. Dad did not win the championship." After many of years of his team winning, I believe this is the second year in a row that they lost the championship. But that's still not too shabby for a bunch of guys in their mid-thirties. Plus they only had 6 guys due to injuries. Now that he is done with that, as I type this he is at his first softball game of the season. We are hoping for lots of cold warm Thursday nights so we  don't have to go can go and enjoy some softball games because the kids love to play in the dirt watch their dad play.

Last night the kids had their last night at AWANA and we were able to watch hundreds of children sing and praise God. It was a beautiful sight and sound! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them because they were on completely opposite sides of the stage. For all of you who know how much Joshua has hated programs in the past, he did awesome! He was up there singing his little heart out and doing all the motions. I think it is safe to say he has grown out of his fear. Joshua, Alexandra and Amanda are excited to graduate Cubbies and next year be in Sparks.

Here is a picture of them at the end of the night with their friends Brooke and Brayden.


As for me, we had a little mishap with the pool last week and I have been on the search to figure out what needs to done and what the problem was. The mystery has finally been solved and it's not good. Basically, to make a long story short the pool needs to come down and then be put back up again. Since Brad has a lot on his plate with work and about 15 other things he is trying to get done around the house, I have volunteered to take on this project. I watched it go up last year, surely I can do it myself. I hope! Today, I started taking some of the pieces apart. It was taking me a little while to figure it out and Joshua comes over and says, "Mom, you got a long ways to go." Thanks for the encouragement! My neck is already sore too! I will keep plugging away and for anyone that is willing to come and help me I will give you a one year membership free. This means you can come everyday and sit by the pool and enjoy it for one year! If I like you, I might make it longer. If you would like the longer version of this story, I will tell it to you later.

Thankfully though, I got these beautiful tulips at Jewel yesterday for only $4. Tulips are my favorite flower and there was one last bunch just waiting to come home with me. They lift my spirits every time I walk into the kitchen, so I thought I'd share them with you.

And lastly, I excited to announce that we finally have a family vacation planned for May! We are going to be heading to Florida where it will probably be scorching HOT! But I don't care.  Brad's parents have a place down there that we can stay at and we will be sitting around doing nothing for a week. I hope to visit a few places that I went to as a kid, like the Flea Market and the Mixon's Orchard. It will be nice to just relax and hang out as a family.

I'm done now. Now that you know all about my exciting boring life, you can go back to your  boring exciting life. If I'm not on here too much in the next few weeks, you know that I am busy fixing a pool and planning for my week of vacation. 

No comments: