Monday, May 23, 2011

The Crumbs on the Floor

If all the beds in my house are made every morning.....

that means there is no one here to sleep in them.

If there are no toys left on the floor at the end of the day.....

that means there is no one here to play with them.


If all my dishes are done...........

that means there is no one in my house to cook for.

If there are not piles of laundry......

that means there is no one here to dirty clothes.

If I don't have crumbs stuck to my feet as I walk across my kitchen floor.....

that means there is no one in my kitchen eating.



Today I am thankful for the all the dirt, grime, crumbs, laundry, dishes around my house each day because that means I am surrounded by family to love and to love me. Family to enjoy.

My list of Gratitude continues. 550 ~ 558

piles of laundry to wash and fold

crumbs stuck to my feet

tripping over toys

beds to make

long lists of things to do

soft, warm socks on my tired feet after a long day 

a nice rain so I don't have to water my new grass

a phone call from a friend and a listening ear

the excitement of a one year old at the little things in life



May you find joy in the little things today!




2 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I love your list and your positive attitude!

Theresa Miller said...

Great perspective! It's the living in that is the gift.