Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kindergarten Days

This week will be the last week of Kindergarten for Joshua, Alex and Amanda. I am so sad to see it go but I am very much looking forward to summer vacation. No getting up and rushing out the door. Just relaxing days by the pool.

Ahhhh, who am I kidding. No matter how hard I try to relax, it never happens. But this summer will be spent enjoying my kids, even in the busyness of it all.

Here are a few things that happened at Kindergarten in the last few weeks.

The beginning of May the kids had a fundraising Marathon at their school. I was a bad mom and did not go to cheer them on. I had Bible study. That's an acceptable excuse, right?

Anyway, if they raised a certain amount of money they got to go to a roller skating party. I asked them if they wanted to go, thinking they all would say no. But to my dismay surprise they all wanted to go.

None of them have EVER roller skated. Thankfully Isaac did not want to try, so I only had 3 to teach.

A little tip to anyone bringing kids roller skating for the first time....DO NOT WEAR FLIP FLOPS!

I had sore toes for a week!

They all did really good and I was quite proud of them. There were some falls but overall they did great and now want to go roller skating again. Great! I can't wait! (note sarcasm)





Then, they finally celebrated 100 Days of school. It took them a while since they only go 3 days a week.

Of course I took the picture about 5 days after they celebrated it, so Alex's hat ended up a little crinkled.


When I was in Kindergarten I remember Letter People. Imagine my excitement when the kids came home and had to pick one letter to dress up as. Some things haven't changed after all these years! Finally something that my kids can ask me that I had. "Mom, did they have letter people when you were a kid?" "Why yes they did!" I'm not in the stone ages after all.

I sent the kids off as Super Socks, Cotton Candy and Horrible Hair.



After I took Amanda's picture I realized that she looked like she came from the 80's. And yes, that would make her hair horrible!

No comments: