Monday, May 9, 2011

So Thankful For My Family

Yesterday was Mother's Day. Although it is a day where we all celebrate Mom's, for me it's a time of thanksgiving. 

I'm reminded of all the faithful mother's that have gone before us all. Who spent much time in prayer, teaching their children, and caring for their children. I'm thankful for my mom and all she taught me. I'm thankful for my mother-in-law and how she raised her son.

Then I am also thankful that God made me a mom. There was a time in my life that I wasn't sure that was going to happen but God has blessed me with 4 beautiful children. I am so thankful for each one of them and each moment with them. I am thankful that God has called me to be their mom and has given me this great responsibility of teaching them, caring for them and loving them.

I know that I have already made and will make many more mistakes along the way but I am thankful for a God who has given His grace to me as a mom and walks along side me through all the challenges. I am also thankful for a godly husband that supports me and loves me as well.

My family knows that the 2 things I really want for Mother's Day is time with them and a bouquet of tulips. 

I got both.

Here is a picture of the gifts I received from each one of my kids. The joy they had in the days before giving me their gifts was absolutely priceless. They all found a secret hiding place so that I wouldn't find them and then woke up that morning so excited to give them to me.


Here is  close-up of Isaac's gift to me so that you can see what it says.


My heart overflows with thankfulness and joy at the great gift these children are to me.

No comments: