Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Break

I thought I'd try to put all our Christmas break happenings into a nutshell and then I realized that there was a lot to tell and quite a few pictures and so it would be hard enough to fit it into one post, let alone a nutshell.

The kids started their Christmas break the Thursday before Christmas and Brad had to work through Friday. We settled into our laziness and sleeping late very quickly.  I told Brad that I think the past 2 weeks was the most relaxing 2 weeks I have had since the kids were born. They are finally at an age that they sleep in and they are also pretty independent. This is also the first year that 3 of them are in school full time, so it was our first real Christmas break.  We all enjoyed it and I am very sad that they are going back tomorrow. If only we could live our life like the past 2 weeks but then there is the whole "we have to pay the bills" thing, so Brad has to work and also the whole "kids need to be educated" thing as well.

On Saturday we attended our church's Christmas Eve service, we then headed to my sister's house and enjoyed some pizza with their family. After that we headed home to open presents.

On Christmas Day, Joshua woke up sick. The girls had colds and coughs as well. Since our church had posted an at home service on their website, we chose to stay home and worship as a family that day.

Thankfully by noon Joshua was feeling better and we were able to still have a big dinner together of Beef Brisket, baked potatoes, carrots, and rolls.




This year presents consisted of a lot of American Girl Doll stuff, lots of drawing and art things, Lego's, Bears helmets & jerseys, sports items, movies, and Wii games. I think that about covers the majority of it with a few odds and ends thrown in.






Brad is always asking the kids to scratch his back, so the kids got him a back scratcher or as they like to call it a "scratch backer". Not sure if you can see it in this picture or not.




As I told you before Brad was getting a good gift this year. He got a Kindle Fire. He is loving it and it's even inspiring him to read more. He also got a gift certificate for a massage.

So, that is part of our Christmas break. I'm sure you are on pins and needles to hear the rest. It's coming, I promise!

No comments: