Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh, the things they say!

Last Summer I read an idea that I thought was great! Write down all the cute or funny things your kids say and the date so you remember these things. Since my memory is that of an 80 yr old, I thought this idea was fantastic! The problem was remembering to write them down. I did get a few things down and will a share a few of the things that I wrote down in 2008 with more to come later. Hopefully this will keep my 2 followers coming back for more. Oh, the suspense!


After telling the kids not to play with Daddy's gas can, Alex comes in the house and says, "Daddy's gas is bad, right mom?"

One day we were driving and we heard an ambulance in the distance. Amanda says, "Mommy, someone's watching a parade."

"Is it going to be a big one or a little one?" This is the question Isaac would often ask in all seriousness just before getting a spanking.

"Amanda, where's your hair?" Isaac asked this while watching home videos of them as babies.

Joshua asked this when we saw an ambulance on the road. "Mommy, is that for sick people or for dead people?" Me, "For sick people." He replied, "Then what do dead people ride in?"

"I'm spilling!" Isaac's way of saying that he didn't make it to the toilet in time.

The following is a conversation that took place last October. One morning we were eating breakfast and Joshua randomly told me that he did not want to die and go to heaven. Many questions followed by all the kids (that's a real shocker). After a while it came out that he thought it would be painful to die and he thought that in order to die and go to heaven he would have to have nails in his hands just like Jesus. The next day we were listening to a song in the car "I will sing of my Redeemer" and in this song there is a line that says "He took the nails for me". So I pointed it out to Joshua and told him that Jesus took the nails for us so we don't have to have nails. To which he replied, "Then who took the hammer?"


No comments: