Friday, July 17, 2009

Pizza and Brownies

Two years ago I decided that I wanted to try and make the perfect homemade pizza because it's 1- cheaper and 2- less greasy. Okay, so I don't really care that much about less greasy it's just cheaper. I started out pretty good but it just seemed to get worse so I took a little break. A few months ago I decided to try it out again. Yeast can be a tricky thing and I guess I just have better luck with it when it gets warmer out because it rises better. Last week I found a recipe on another blog for pizza crust so I decided to try it out. I loved it! It seemed to be easier to work with and it tasted delicious! So, if you are like me and want to make some great homemade pizza here is the recipe. Enjoy!

I personally think I make the best brownies thanks to this great recipe from Hershey's. As you can see, Alex loves licking the batter! The link I've provided is for a 9x9 pan but just double everything and you have my 9x13 recipe. The 2 sticks of margarine mixed with 2 cups of sugar at the beginning of the recipe remind me how healthy unhealthy they are but then I add 4 eggs. That makes them healthy, right? They cook evenly, no more burnt edges while your center is gooey. If you like a brownie that is more like a cake this is great, if you like them more gooey I love to just take my chocolate syrup and swirl it over the top of the bowl and mix it in. I love to get creative adding stuff to my brownies and we also love to make brownie sundaes with them. For our church picnic I put this topping on and people were raving about them. I even had someone tell me they didn't really like brownies but these were fantastic!

No comments: