Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ending 2009 and Looking to 2010

Each year I usually make the typical New Years Resolutions. I want to eat healthier, feed my family healthier and exercise more. This usually comes after a month of being on a diet of sugar. I'm not sure I put too many things in my mouth this past month didn't have sugar in it. If it didn't, it was probably some sort of meat or covered in grease. Sounds appetizing, doesn't it? This year is no different than every other year. I hope to be more faithful in my exercising and I also hope to start running again this year. Maybe a couple 5k's?

But as Christians we always need to be examining ourselves and when we start a new year I think it is a great time to reflect on the past year and look to the coming year. This past year I made a great commitment to being more faithful in my daily devotions. I did a pretty good job. I also stepped out of my comfort zone probably more than I usually do.

As I look to the coming year, I desire more from my walk with God.

I desire to know Him more deeply.

to love Him more fully.

to serve Him with more devotion.

to know His word, to write it on my heart.

to talk to Him not only in prayer times a couple times a day, but all day long.

to give God ALL of me not just part of me. Not just my leftovers.

to sing praises to Him like no one else is listening, just an offering of praise to Him!

As a wife and a mother - I desire to be a better spouse. To love and serve my husband. To be selfless. To be an encourager. To enjoy my children. Be faithful in teaching them. Take time to enjoy them more.

As I look at this list, I know I will fail over and over again. But even as I know this I still press on, knowing that I have been purchased by the blood of Christ and that has not changed from 2009 to 2010.

What about you? Have you examined your life? What are your resolutions for 2010?

O God, You are my God;
 Early will I seek You;
 My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
Psalm 63:1-4

No comments: