Sunday, December 13, 2009

Verse of the Week

This weeks verse is also a verse that has been to put music in the Handel's Messiah. As I have mentioned in the past, I'm not very good at memorization so music definitely helps me. I'm hoping it helps me this because when I wrote it out on my index card it took up the whole card!

Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken smitten by God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astry; We have turned everyone to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.  Isaiah 53:4-6

Once again, if you are memorizing scripture with me I'd love to hear from you and hear how it is going.

No comments: