Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sunday Morning Deliciousness

I found this Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring recipe on Pinterest. But as I made it I realized that the ring just wasn't cuttin' it for our family. 

Don't get me wrong.....the kids loved it! They ask for it all the time, it just didn't make enough.

First I made it with one tube of Grands biscuits. Not enough.

Then I made it with two small tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. Still not enough.

So here is my "big family" size which no longer works in a ring but has to be made in a 9x13 pan.

If you want the "small family" size recipe you can get it HERE.

Otherwise here is my version.


4 tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
6 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 c. pancake syrup
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Spray a 9x13 pan.

Melt butter and mix with syrup. Pour half of the mixture in the bottom of the pan.

Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the mixture on top of the syrup.

Lay the biscuits on top, overlapping them.

Pour the rest of the syrup mixture on top of the biscuits and then sprinkle with the rest of the brown sugar mixture.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Let sit for 1 minute and then turn over onto a serving platter and enjoy!


Since we are usually busy getting ready for church on Sunday morning, I love to make these on Saturday night. I then just throw them in the fridge and pop them in the oven on Sunday morning.

There you go......super easy and super delicious. 

No comments: