Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Exercising Again

For you older readers (not old as in age, old as in have been reading my blog since the beginning) you may remember my post way back in May about how I had started doing the 30 Day Shred. And at the end of that post I told you would update you on how it was going. Now it is November and I never updated you. (Not that anyone noticed)

That is because it didn't last very long. I was doing good for about 3 weeks and then................I fell off the bandwagon. I was faithfully getting up early every morning and exercising in the basement. Then one night we had a storm and our sump pump went out and we had 2 inches of water on the ground. I was not up for laying in that water to do my crunches.

I also had a garage sale that week, making for a busy week. After the water I decided that I was pitching all the furniture and carpet in the basement. Our DVD player in the living room was not hooked up right to the TV so there was no sound. So, you see my dilemma. I had no way of exercising. I was forced to stop!

About a month later my brother-in-law who knows all about electronics stopped over. I put him to work right away because I couldn't wait to start Shredding again! He fixed it and I was out of excuses.

Then four months later I decided I better get going on that exercising thing again. After all, it's fall. That means I start cooking which makes me start eating more. The holidays are coming. These are all reasons to work off a few calories so that I can eat some extra calories and not have to buy all new clothes. Not that I don't want new clothes, I just don't want new clothes in a bigger size.

So, the point to my story is that I have started doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels again. I've been going strong for 3 weeks now (remember last time it ended after 3 weeks, not this time).

Here's hoping the living the room floods.

Just kidding.

My kids love to join me watch me. You'll usually find them lined up on the couch. Isaac will often ask me to move so he can see. Ummm, Isaac, that's not really the point.

I must say, if you are like me and you absolutely hate to exercise, this might actually be the video for you. I don't find any of the exercises to difficult. You get cardio, strength and abs. It's a great workout for the whole body. Although I know that my abs will never look like Jillian Michael's abs, I like to pretend that if I do enough crunches they might. A girl can dream, right? After all, I don't think Jillian ever gave birth to triplets.

And if you are looking for pictures of me exercising. You won't find them here. This is a pictureless post!

UPDATE: After I wrote this I decided to try Level 2. This is not fun or easy. I wanted to die and had a hard time lifting my arms after I was done with this workout. I think I got more cardio in this workout than I did when I ran a 5k. I also got on the scale and I think I have actually gained weight. Not really the motivation I was looking for.

2 comments:

Traci Michele said...

Week #1 Be Blessed Challenge over at Ordinary Inspirations. Come give us all some tips, or gain insight from others on how to memorize scripture better.

Hugs,
Traci

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Melissa, this post is hilarious. I laughed out loud! Love you!