Sunday, November 1, 2009

Verse of the Week

On Saturday I start thinking about what verse we should memorize for the next week. Although I have a list of verses I have jotted down over the last few months that I would like to memorize, I really want to choose a verse that I feel is the "right" verse for that week. I don't want to just randomly pick a verse. It seems that God has really just shown me each Sunday which verse to choose.

This morning in church there was a verse that was read that at first I thought was the verse I was going to pick for the week. But then when Pastor Steve preached on I Corinthians 9:24-27 about running the race to obtain the "imperishable crown" and even encouraged us to start running by memorizing the first 3 verses, I knew that these were the verses I needed to memorize this week. I really like to stick with 1 or 2 verses, because as I've told you before, I am just not very good at memorizing. So this is going to be a challenge for me this week and I hope you are up to joining me in this challenge. They are not too long, so I think we should all have no problem doing this!

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air." I Corinthians 9:24-26 NKJV

No comments: