Monday, November 2, 2009

It's The Little Things in Life

Mondays seem to be such a busy day for me. My list after the weekend is a mile long and it's my one day to really get moving on it. That is why last week, even though I had my list all ready, it just never got typed into the computer. So the following list is from the last two weeks.

When I sit down at the end of the week and think about the things I'm thankful for it's a lot of times the big things that stand out. Although I'm thankful for all those big things, the little things in life are the best!

Here is 198 thru 216

apples to make applesauce, apple bread and apple pie filling to freeze

a night running around like a kid with my kids and them wanting to join them on every slide

a beautiful tree outside my window

watching the leaves on that tree fall to the earth

sunshine - rays of golden light that we haven't been seeing to much of lately

a new coffee pot

snuggling in bed with big warm covers

a week that wasn't too busy

braids

jumphouses and jumping in it with my daughter

lots of rain and no water in the basement

a haircut

cheerleaders as I exercise

laughing at the kids as they imitate my exercises

aching muscles

caramel bars

warm apple crisp with ice cream

BBQ pork sandwiches
(now you know why I was exercising)

Legos and watching the kids get creative with them


holy experience

4 comments:

Heather said...

We've been enjoying apple crisp and ice cream, too! And the leaves, and the cooler temps and lots of blankets in bed-- like you, I just love fall! Enjoy these fleeting weeks~ they truly are a gift!

Unknown said...

I love that you were in the moment with your kids. They do love that. I am always rushing and forget to play with them.

Linda said...

A lovely list - so many things to be thankful for this time of year.

Traci Michele said...

Where do you get your "cheerleaders" when you exercise? I need some of them :-) hehe. Actually, my daughter cheers me on. It's pretty funny.

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Traci

Come check out my gratitude list when you have a chance :-)