Monday, September 7, 2009

The Great Outdoors

I haven't blogged in a week and I could tell that everyone missed me by all the emails I received no one noticed, oh well, I'm back! Mondays are usually Multitude Monday but instead I'm going to share our camping trip with you. It's not that I haven't been counting my blessings, I have and next week there will be a much longer list because I will be doing 2 weeks worth.

Friday afternoon we left for the Indiana Dunes State Park. As a child, every year we would go with a whole group from church for Labor Day Weekend and I have a lot of great memories from that and I hope my kids will too because this year we were able to start that tradition with our family. Some friends of ours have a whole group from their church that they go with every year and they happen to have an extra site so we were able to glom onto them. We had a total of 10 sites and I think there were around 50 people and 30 of them were kids. There were a lot of kids running around!

We spent a lot of time at the beach on Lake Michigan. The kids had a ton of fun just running around from camper to camper with the other kids, getting dirty, playing baseball, climbing sand dunes, playing in the water, digging huge holes at the beach and playing in them and sitting by the fire and eating smores. Feet were black, clothes were filthy, the camper was a mess but we had a lot of fun! It was great to see friends that we don't get to see all that often and the kids loved making new friends.

I'm not going to share too many photos this time, since I was told I put up too many from our last camping trip and I also shared one that had some people in the background that should not have been in the background. Hopefully no more mishaps this time. There were a couple instances that I wished I had a my camera with me but I didn't and both times were in the bathroom.

Both my girls are a little short for the hand dryers, so often when they would dry their hands they would have to have them up in the air and the air from the dryer would be blowing in their hair. Once Alex was drying her hands and was in her own little world. Wind was blowing in her hair, her eyes were closed, arms started waving everywhere then "BAM!" Clobbered the lady walking by. She did not miss a beat just continued on with her arms waving all over.

Sunday morning I went to take a shower and noticed there was a little friend in the shower for me. A small little orange frog, he was about an inch long. As I showered I kept my eye on the little bugger as he climbed the wall, I was just waiting for him to jump on my head. All of I sudden I saw this flash in front of me. That thing had flown from the wall on one side of me to the wall on the other side of me and started climbing up that one. Thankfully he stayed there until I was done. I wish I could have shared with you all how cute this little guy was, it was just not real cute that he was in the shower with me!

No comments: