Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Music to my Ears

It is not an understatement when I say that Isaac loves music. Any type of music comes on and his toes start tapping, head starts nodding, hips start moving. I love that he loves music because I do also, unfortunately I just don't have the talent for it that I wish I had.

In the beginning of August the kids went for a sleepover by their grandparents house and were going to a parade that next morning. I guess there were some older kids that had taken some of their toys and were having a little garage sale close to where my kids were sitting. Isaac eyed this guitar and kept asking grandpa if he could have it. Finally grandpa gave in and told him it could be part of his birthday present. He came up the driveway that day just beaming because of his new guitar. He walked in the door and told me that he was going to use this guitar to praise God. He loves to sing and you can often find him strumming his guitar and doing just that, singing praises to God.

Unfortunately, he also loves the drums and had asked me for them for his birthday. I told him that it wasn't going to happen this birthday, so now he is asking for them for Christmas. He must know that his mom played the drums in the grade school band and secretly wants to be like me.

Now the kids have assembled their own band. The other day I walked into to the living room to find this.
Since I won't buy him drums, Isaac has made his own drum set using Lincoln Logs for sticks, two plastic baskets upside down and his big bouncing ball. Him and Joshua take turns on the drums and the guitar, Amanda sings and Alex plays the piano.

No comments: